Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Snowboarding is Multisport

This last week I got to experience the best multisport activity there is-snowboarding. So it would have been better if I would have been able to hike more (like at Silverton, Colorado-some day I'll go). But hey, I'll take what I can get. I mapped a couple runs out on my Suunto Ambit, which I'm trying to add the snowboard sport but can't figure out how to synch it.

I spent a little over a day supervising a group of Boy Scouts and getting a few turns in between monitoring kids. Friday night was quite icy as they'd had 50 degree temperatures with rain during the week and then temperatures dropped on Friday. They groomed and blew snow all night so conditions on Saturday were much better. In the afternoon a friend and I found some great runs and had a blast.

Well it wasn't a triathlon but it was activity on the snow board, which is not the easiest to find out east. Check out my Suunto feed for some details on the runs. It was in hike mode so not ideal stats but the map is a little fun to look at.

Got a good cycling work out in this evening on the trainer, trying to keep the training sturdy so I can get somewhat prepped for the tri season, we'll see how it goes. Stay tuned.

DNF?!! No Way!

I'm all tatt'd up for the event! My simple set up at T1. Let me say I continue to love Xterra events and Ogden has got to b...