Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Snowday!

Work called it a snow day and it looked
completely dry until about 0900.
Suunto Ambit

Today was a great day off! I love it when it's easy to hit the gym in the morning for some tri training.  The plan was to get the workout in and then head to work even though we'd closed-the roads were dry, I wasn't keen on losing a day of work. When I came out of the gym though-I was pleased to see heavy snow rolling in.  Plenty of businesses were closed to include my Local Smoothie Shop (LSS).  My future home, however, got 8 inches of snow and didn't even have the standard two-hour delay we've become so accustomed to here in MD, I can't wait to get there and enjoy the snowboarding!! 
Enjoying the slopes in PA @7Springs
While it was good to get to the gym my workout sucked.  I did ~25 minutes of strength training on the weights-chest and tris, to include some pushups and sit-ups.  After that, I hit the treadmill for what was going to be a hard quarter mile interval workout but energy levels were lowly and I just overall felt lousy.  I bailed before I got too light headed.  Can't believe how crummy it is trying to get back in shape.  Last year I didn't do any triathlons and we're coming up to March already, I've got to get in shape now! 

DNF?!! No Way!

I'm all tatt'd up for the event! My simple set up at T1. Let me say I continue to love Xterra events and Ogden has got to b...